Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
This so good, it reminds me of Thanksgiving and Christmas all year around!
Top Review by aprmcke
If you like Boston Market's Cranberry Relish then THIS IS IT! It tastes exactly like theirs only you made it! I have tried other cranberry relish recipes claiming to be like theirs but only this one replicates it and it is the BEST - I have ben making this for the past 5 years and all of my dinner guests absolutely rave about it and always want this recipe. P.S. Where it says to cut the cranberries in 2 or 3 pieces - be sure to do it even though it takes a few minutes longer- I cut them in half and it does seem to make a smoother less chunky cranberry sauce.
- 1 lb jellied cranberry sauce
- 10 ounces orange marmalade, Smucker's Simply Fruit
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (each sliced into 2 or 3 pcs)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (chopped fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart saucepan, over medium to low heat, use rubber bowl scraper to.
- stir together jellied sauce,marmalade and ginger untilmelted, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the sliced cranberries, keeping sauce on low. Stir often.
- Continue cooking and stirring often until cranberries are no longer white.
- and taste tender to the bite (not soft, but not too crisp).
- Stir in walnuts.
- When cooled to lukewarm, refrigerate, covered and use with a week to 10 days.
- Should freeze well to be used within 4 months.