I love salads! I love Boston lettuce, too. Give this one a try. It's refreshing and different. If you can, make the dressing several hours ahead or the day before so the flavors can blend.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large head boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (5 cups)
- 1 cup grated carrot (1 carrot)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon (optional) or 2 tablespoons chives (optional)
- To prepare dressing: Whisk mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in orange juice until smooth. Stir in shallot. Season with pepper.
- To prepare salad: Divide lettuce among 4 plates and scatter carrot and tomatoes on top. Drizzle the dressing over the salads and sprinkle with tarragon (or chives), if desired. Serve immediately.