Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I can't believe no one has posted a recipe for these. I grew up enjoying eating these as much as I enjoyed watching the game. In my opinion, this is the only way to eat a hot dog... Go Red Sox!
- 1 kosher all beef frank
- 1 teaspoon frenches yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon green sweet pickle relish
- 1 hot dog bun, cut and buttered on the inside
- Grill or Steam the frank.
- Grill the bun, cut side down.
- Push the cooked frank down into the grilled bun and cover with the condiments in the order given, to taste.
Yum! What a classic way of making a hot dog. Simple and tasty. Thanks Karen for a nice treat. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag.
Don't know what happened to my original review, but I'll try again. I love hot dogs!! Great recipe for a classic frank. Did not change a thing, Karen, and thnx for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Having eaten hot dogs this way for all my growing up years, it is still my favorite way. The only thing that is different - and to me important - is that New England style hot dog buns do not have the crust on the outside of the bun--so you toast it that way. New England style is the only way to eat a hot dog~