1/4 Photos of Boston Creme Trifle
1 hr 30 mins
A delicious layered dessert that's creamy and, yes, even sinful!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350º. Grease and lightly flour 13x9 pan. Mix cake using first 4 ingredients. Bake according to cake mix box. Cool completely.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine flour, sugar and salt; mix well.
- 3Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 5In a small bowl, beat eggs; stir in 1/4 cup hot mixture into eggs.
- 6Gradually stir egg mixture into hot misture.
- 7Cook over low heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in butter and vanilla.
- 9Place plastic wrap directly on custard; refrigerate until cool.
- 10In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 11To assemble, break one third of cake into small pieces and place in trifle dish (or large clear glass bowl). Spoon 1/3 of custard over cake pieces. Spoon 1/3 of topping over custard layer.
- 12Repeat, making 3 layers.
- 13Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Creme Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.9
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 459.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g