A delicious layered dessert that's creamy and, yes, even sinful!!!
Make and share this Boston Creme Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350º. Grease and lightly flour 13x9 pan. Mix cake using first 4 ingredients. Bake according to cake mix box. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine flour, sugar and salt; mix well.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; stir in 1/4 cup hot mixture into eggs.
- Gradually stir egg mixture into hot misture.
- Cook over low heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Place plastic wrap directly on custard; refrigerate until cool.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, break one third of cake into small pieces and place in trifle dish (or large clear glass bowl). Spoon 1/3 of custard over cake pieces. Spoon 1/3 of topping over custard layer.
- Repeat, making 3 layers.
- Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.