Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
Courtesy of Sandra Lee from the Food Network!
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 pre-made cupcakes, baked from a cake mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine milk, instant pudding mix, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Beat mixture with a hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a medium-size plain tip.
- Fill cupcakes with vanilla pudding filling by inserting tip into top of cupcake and squeezing a couple of tablespoons of filling into each cupcake.
- Heat cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around the edges.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate morsels to pan, and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon or drizzle glaze over cupcakes, or dunk the tops into the glaze.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour, before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.