1/2 Photos of Boston Cream to Go Cupcakes
A half-dozen cupcake recipe full of the flavor a Boston Cream pie but in a to-go version. These little cakes mix up easily and filling them just requires a small decorator tip and a plastic bag. Top it with a simple ganache topping and you have a perfect gem of a dessert for a small gathering! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened (or may use butter flavor shortening)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2/3 cup vanilla pudding, already prepared your favorite way
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1In a small bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add egg and beat well.
- 2Stir in vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition.
- 4Fill paper lined muffin cups half full.
- 5Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (If using a dark coated pan reduce oven temperature to 325F).
- 6Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7Prepare your vanilla pudding (your favorite method/recipe) and chill till proper consistency of pudding.
- 8Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag and insert a very small tip into the corner (from the inside of the bag to hold the tip).
- 9Fill bag with prepared pudding.
- 10Push the tip through the top of the cupcake about halfway down and fill each cupcake with pudding.
- 11Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- 12In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream just to a boil (do not scorch) then pour over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- 13Cool, stirring occasionally to room temperature or until ganache thickens slightly (about 10 minutes).
- 14Spoon over cupcakes and let stand until set.
- 15Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Cream to Go Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 187.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g