Recipe by mandagirl
I got this recipe from cooks.com at the request of a "pie like boston cream pie" from my son who's birthday we celebrated yesterday. He said he had it in a restaurant - I never knew it existed. It was very rich and delicious. The only thing I changed was to use extra virgin coconut oil for the crisco. I think salt free butter would be fine as well.
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (1/2 pint) heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor Crisco
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 9" pie plate with one of the pie crusts, turn under edge and flute.
- Cut 2nd crust into and 8" circle and cut the circle into 8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on ungreased cookie sheet and bake them along with the crust until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix, beat well and chill for 5 minutes.
- While pudding mixture is chilling, whip the whipped cream.
- Remove pudding mixture from the refridgerator and fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust and top with crust wedges.
- Melt chocolate chips with the crisco and drizzle over top of pie.
- Refrigerate leftovers.