I got this recipe from cooks.com at the request of a "pie like boston cream pie" from my son who's birthday we celebrated yesterday. He said he had it in a restaurant - I never knew it existed. It was very rich and delicious. The only thing I changed was to use extra virgin coconut oil for the crisco. I think salt free butter would be fine as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line a 9" pie plate with one of the pie crusts, turn under edge and flute.
- 3Cut 2nd crust into and 8" circle and cut the circle into 8 wedges.
- 4Place the wedges on ungreased cookie sheet and bake them along with the crust until lightly golden brown.
- 6Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix, beat well and chill for 5 minutes.
- 7While pudding mixture is chilling, whip the whipped cream.
- 8Remove pudding mixture from the refridgerator and fold in the whipped cream.
- 9Spoon mixture into prepared crust and top with crust wedges.
- 10Melt chocolate chips with the crisco and drizzle over top of pie.
- 12Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.6
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 512.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g