Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received a booklet from Kraft Foods today which is called "food & family" and this is one of the recipes in it that I am posting here to try at a later date. One of their winning desserts! NOTE: Cooking time = refrigeration time.
- 1 (8 inch) yellow cake layer, round (can use 9 inch too)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 (1 ounce) baker's unsweetened chocolate square
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- Cut cake into 2 layers with serrated knife. Beat 1 cup milk and pudding mix with whisk 2 minutes. Stir in whipped topping. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stack cake layers on serving plate, spreading pudding mixture between layers.
- Microwave chocolate and butter on high for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted. Add sugar and 2 tablespoons milk; mix well. Spread over cake. Refrigerate 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers -- if there are any!
I've used this recipe from the Kraft website many times and am so glad to see it here. It really is a cheater's version of a classic Boston cream pie but even though it's easy to make, the taste is wonderful. I don't make many cakes but when I do, I head for this recipe. I make it just as posted. Thanks for posting this recipe!
This was a Hit!<br/>Husbands favorite cake - and this recipe is very good and SUPER easy!
Love it! Easy to make, was a huge birthday hit!