1/1 Photo of Boston Cream Pie
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You can make the cakes and custard a day before, but make glaze and assemble on the day you plan to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2You'll need two 9x2 inch round cake pans coated with nonstick spray.
- 3Line bottoms with wax paper, spray paper.
- 4Cake: Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- 5Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- 6On low speed, beat in flour in 3 additions alternating with milk in 2 additions, just until blended.
- 7Divide between prepared pans.
- 8Bake 25 minutes or until a pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pans on rack 10 minutes, invert, remove paper and cool completely.
- 10Meanwhile, make filling: In medium saucepan, whisk egg yolk and milk into pudding mix.
- 11Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- 12Pour into a bowl; place plastic wrap directly onto custard surface.
- 13Chill 30 minutes or until thickened.
- 14Assemble: Stir or whisk custard until smooth.
- 15Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread custard over top.
- 16Top with remaining cake layer, rounded side up.
- 18Meanwhile, make glaze: Stir glaze ingredients in small saucepan over low heat just until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- 19Spread glaze over top of cake, allowing some to drip down sides.
- 20Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature until glaze is just set or refrigerate until serving, then let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.0 mg
- Sodium 231.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: