Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker Bake Life Sweeter Cookie Contest Entry by Sherry Lee!! "Here's a mini version of Boston cream pie made with cookie mix. Yum!"
Top Review by transam7981
These Boston Cream Cookie Cups are delicious! Everyone that's tried them loved them. They are my entry for the Betty Crocker Bake Life Sweeter Cookie Contest. I even made them for a bake sale and they sold out! They are my kids favorite. :0) You can also vote for them at bettycrocker.com I also wanted to add that these can also be made with fat free cream cheese and sugar-free/fat-free instant pudding.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix, mix (4-serving size)
- 1 (16 ounce) containerbetty crocker rich & creamy chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Line 23 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Lightly spray baking cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 23 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
- Place 1 ball in each baking cup.
- Moisten bottom of small flat-bottomed glass with drop of water, then dip into 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Press glass on dough balls to flatten slightly, dipping glass in sugar after each dough ball.
- In same large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, the flour and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in sour cream.
- On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Stir in dry pudding mix until well blended.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling over dough in each cup.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool 30 minutes; remove from pan.
- Open container of frosting; remove foil lid.
- Microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds to soften frosting; stir until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon frosting onto center of each cookie cup.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- If desired, remove from paper baking cups to serve.