Recipe by HeatherFeather
So good, and so easy. This is a way to doctor up ordinary yellow cupcakes and vanilla pudding into a scrumptious, family pleasing treat. These are my standard potluck and "send into the office" cupcakes. Prepare your favorite yellow cupcakes for this and your favorite vanilla pudding.
- 20 -24 yellow cupcakes (homemade from your favorite recipe)
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding (homemade from your favorite recipe or prepared from a mix)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (or other good quality brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix vanilla and pudding together and place into decorator's gun with a large enough opening to inject pudding into the cupcakes.
- Gently poke the decorator gun into the center of each cupcake and inject about 1 Tbsp pudding into the cupcake (it is fine if some puffs out the top a bit).
- Once all cupcakes have been injected, cover and chill them while making the topping.
- Heat cream in a saucepan on medium heat just until the sides start to have tiny bubbles; don't walk away from the pan.
- As soon as it gets to this point, remove from the heat and add chocolate chips, whisking fiercely until the chips have melted and everything is smooth (the heated cream should be hot enough to melt the chips).
- Set out some wax paper and grab your slightly chilled cupcakes.
- Spoon some of the topping onto the center of a cupcake, covering the pudding opening, adding more topping around the edges to cover the top of cupcake completely with the topping.
- Set cupcake onto the wax paper to cool.
- Repeat until all cupcakes are covered with the topping, then place into a covered container and chill at least 1 hour, the topping will get firmer but not hard.
- You may have extra topping, in fact, I look forward to having extra topping to use on top of ice cream; store extra topping in covered container in the fridge up to 1 week.