1/2 Photos of Boston Cream Cupcakes
So good, and so easy. This is a way to doctor up ordinary yellow cupcakes and vanilla pudding into a scrumptious, family pleasing treat. These are my standard potluck and "send into the office" cupcakes. Prepare your favorite yellow cupcakes for this and your favorite vanilla pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix vanilla and pudding together and place into decorator's gun with a large enough opening to inject pudding into the cupcakes.
- 2Gently poke the decorator gun into the center of each cupcake and inject about 1 Tbsp pudding into the cupcake (it is fine if some puffs out the top a bit).
- 3Once all cupcakes have been injected, cover and chill them while making the topping.
- 4Heat cream in a saucepan on medium heat just until the sides start to have tiny bubbles; don't walk away from the pan.
- 5As soon as it gets to this point, remove from the heat and add chocolate chips, whisking fiercely until the chips have melted and everything is smooth (the heated cream should be hot enough to melt the chips).
- 6Set out some wax paper and grab your slightly chilled cupcakes.
- 7Spoon some of the topping onto the center of a cupcake, covering the pudding opening, adding more topping around the edges to cover the top of cupcake completely with the topping.
- 8Set cupcake onto the wax paper to cool.
- 9Repeat until all cupcakes are covered with the topping, then place into a covered container and chill at least 1 hour, the topping will get firmer but not hard.
- 10You may have extra topping, in fact, I look forward to having extra topping to use on top of ice cream; store extra topping in covered container in the fridge up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: