I was looking for a marmalade recipe and came across this. I couldn't resist checking it out since the title reminded me of Boston Cream Cake, a well known local dessert! Sure enough, it seems like a cheesecake version of that cake. So here is the link if interested: http://www.grouprecipes.com/29741/boston-cream-cheesecake.html
- GREASE bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package; pour batter evenly into springform pan and bake at 325°F for 25 minutes if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.) Cool.
- BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoons of the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Blend in sour cream; pour over cake layer.
- BAKE at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a dark nonstick springform pan.).
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- PLACE chocolate, milk and butter in medium microwavable bowl and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoons vanilla; mix well and spread over cooled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- You can use any 1 layer cake mix and/or comparable size cheesecake recipe.
- If you prefer a harder chocolate topping use my recipe #155392.