1/1 Photo of Boston Cream Cheesecake
Nana Lee's Note:
I was looking for a marmalade recipe and came across this. I couldn't resist checking it out since the title reminded me of Boston Cream Cake, a well known local dessert! Sure enough, it seems like a cheesecake version of that cake. So here is the link if interested: http://www.grouprecipes.com/29741/boston-cream-cheesecake.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2GREASE bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Prepare cake mix as directed on package; pour batter evenly into springform pan and bake at 325°F for 25 minutes if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.) Cool.
- 4BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoons of the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 5Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- 6Blend in sour cream; pour over cake layer.
- 7BAKE at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a dark nonstick springform pan.).
- 8Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- 9PLACE chocolate, milk and butter in medium microwavable bowl and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after 1 minute.
- 10Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- 11Add powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoons vanilla; mix well and spread over cooled cheesecake.
- 12Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 14You can use any 1 layer cake mix and/or comparable size cheesecake recipe.
- 15If you prefer a harder chocolate topping use my Chocolate Glaze (That Hardens when Cool).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Cream Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.5
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 356.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g