Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
If you love Boston Cream Pie..you will ADORE this cheesecake. This is soooo good. The best Cheesecake I have ever tried. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.) Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over cake layer in pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a dark nonstick springform pan.).
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Place chocolate, milk and butter in medium microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix well.
- Spread over cooled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
This cheesecake was so good!! I made it a week before I actually needed it and put it in the freezer, it thawed well and tasted great. This recipe is definately a keeper.
I absolutely loved this! I used a 10" springform. I was in a hurry and didn't let the cake portion cool completely. As a result, the very middle never fully set up because the cream cheese mixture sort of blended with the cake middle. It actually worked out kinda nicely because when I cut the cheesecake after chilling completely, the middle was still kind of creamy like a boston cream pie :) I topped mine with the chocolate ganache and piled mini marshmallows in the middle after the ganache cooled. The marshmallows are a VERY good flavor addition. I would recommend trying that even with cupcakes as a decoration. I will be making this time and time again! Thanks for an awesome recipe!
Made this cake yesterday and it is really good! I used a l0 inch springform pan. Also I cooked the cake mix about l0 minutes more than called for before I put the cream cheese mixture on. I will me making this again. It sounds like lots of work but it really isn't.