Recipe by BirdyBaker
If you love Boston Cream Pie..you will ADORE this cheesecake. This is soooo good. The best Cheesecake I have ever tried. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes if using a dark nonstick springform pan.) Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over cake layer in pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan. (Bake at 300°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set if using a dark nonstick springform pan.).
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Place chocolate, milk and butter in medium microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix well.
- Spread over cooled cheesecake.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.