Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from Taste of Home. Using half and half instead of milk adds richness to the dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream, cold
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 10 3⁄4 ounces loaf frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 -5 teaspoons hot water
- In a bowl, whisk together cream and pudding mix; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Split cake into three horizontal layers.
- Place bottom layer on a serving plate, top with half of the pudding.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with third cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar, cocoa and enough water to reach a spreading consistency.
- Spread over top of cake, letting glaze drizzle down the sides.
Just made this- My husband liked it better than me I think, but it was very VERY simple, and tasted good. Thanks for posting!