1/2 Photos of Boston Cooking School Brownies
1 hr 15 mins
I'm not sure where this came from. It was a clipped recipe my Mom gave me. It says "This recipe for a gooey and rich brownie was originally published in Fannie Merritt Farmer's The Boston Cooking-School Cook Book (Little, Brown, 1911). I did not use walnuts, as I don't care for nuts in my brownies! If you prefer, top baked brownies with ganache and sprinkle chopped pecans on
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Grease and 8x8 baking pan with butter. Line with parchment paper and grease the paper. Set aside.
- 3Melt butter and chocolate together in a 2-qt saucepan, stirring often.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- 5Add eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- 6Add nuts, if using, and flour, and stir until incorporated.
- 7Pour into prepared baking pan and smooth.
- 8Bake about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 9Let cool at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Cooking School Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.4
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.2 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g