Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing and sweet, this recipe was obtained from the AHA LOW-FAT, LOW-CHOLESTEROL COOKBOOK.
- 1 head boston butter lettuce or 1 head bibb lettuce
- 2 large navel oranges
- 2 medium grapefruits
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, dry-roasted
- Tear the lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Remove the peel and pith from the oranges. Cut the oranges into 1/4-inch slices. Cut the slices into quarters and put in a medium bowl.
- Peel and section the grapefruit. Cut the grapefruit into bite-size pieces and add to the oranges. Drain the fruit, reserving fruit in a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, and orange liqueurto the reserved fruit juice. Pour the juice over the lettuce.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the lettuce on salad plates.
- Top each serving with grapefruit and orange pieces and a sprinkling of almonds.