- 4 tablespoons corn oil or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 celery ribs, peeled and diced
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup canned corn or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot and stir in the onion and celery, continuing to stir for about 5 minutes, before adding the potatoes.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, and stir in the herbs.
- Mix the flour with the milk to make a thin paste, then add the milk and broth to the soup pot and stir in the chicken and corn, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes and serve very hot.