Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A copycat recipe that is really easy to make. I've also made these in the crockpot, on low for about 4 hours.
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 (24 ounce) jar great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 cup ketchup, Hunts
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, Open Pit Hickory flavored
- 3 slices boiled ham, finely chopped
- Add dry onions to water for 5 minutes.
- While onions are softening, empty jar of northern beans into a 4-quart baking dish or pan.
- Add pork and beans to northern beans.
- Stir in onion, ketchup, barbecue sauce and ham.
- Bake, uncovered at 350ºF about 30 to 35 minutes or until piping hot.
- Stir 2 to 3 times during baking.
- Refrigerate covered, to use in 1 week.
- Freeze to use in 4 months.