Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Light and fluffy cake, and easy to make.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup fresh sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 inch spring form pan lightly.
- Melt butter, add the vanilla cookie crumbs and spices, mix well and press into your prepared tin, set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sour sream until smooth. Add in 1/3 cup of the sugar and beat well. Add the egg yolks, flour, extract zest and juice. Mix until smooth. Do not overbeat at this point.
- In another bowl whip egg whites until foamy and add remaining 1/3 cup sugar and whip until soft peaks. Fold whites into the already made batter.
- Spoon nicely into the prepared set aside crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until set.
- Cool completely on rack on countertop. Run a knife around outer edges. Chill, and then remove sides at time of serving.
- Garnish with a light sifting of powdered icing sugar.