Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This was given to me by a friend. This is a great way to do a boston butt roast.
- 3 lbs boston butt (fresh not smoked)
- 3 cups ginger ale (or 7-up)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon season salt
- Preheat grill. Combine 7 up or ginger ale, vinegar and season salt.
- Place meat on grill. Rotate and baste with 7 up mixture till golden on all sides. (10 to 15 mins total).
- Remove from grill and place meat in a large roasting pan. Cover and seal pan with foil.
- Bake at 300 for 3 to 4 hours. When this is done, bone will pull out with no resistance.
- Shread meat and enjoy on buns.
Wonderful pork. I also brined for two hours and then cooked on the grill and baked in a cast iron pot covered with foil for three hours. Removed when the temp was 185 deg. Let it sit for 45 min. Wonderful with the BBQ sauce. Served with KFC coleslaw and jalapeno cheddar bread.
I would love to give this 10 stars, MsSally...it is amazing. I did marinate the Boston Butt roast in the brine for about 2 hours before placing on the grill. Didn't want to heat up the kitchen. LOL So, I placed it in the foil and cooked it in the crock pot (shut off from the main part of the house, in the laundry room) for 5 hours on HIGH. Shreds like a dream! Definitely a keeper! Made for MsSally's Grilling event in Cooking Photos.
dh actually made this. we couldn't detect any of the brine flavor in the meat but it was delicious nevertheless! Made for the 4/08 Aussie Swap.