Recipe by MsSally
This was given to me by a friend. This is a great way to do a boston butt roast.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Wonderful pork. I also brined for two hours and then cooked on the grill and baked in a cast iron pot covered with foil for three hours. Removed when the temp was 185 deg. Let it sit for 45 min. Wonderful with the BBQ sauce. Served with KFC coleslaw and jalapeno cheddar bread.
- 3 lbs boston butt (fresh not smoked)
- 3 cups ginger ale (or 7-up)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill. Combine 7 up or ginger ale, vinegar and season salt.
- Place meat on grill. Rotate and baste with 7 up mixture till golden on all sides. (10 to 15 mins total).
- Remove from grill and place meat in a large roasting pan. Cover and seal pan with foil.
- Bake at 300 for 3 to 4 hours. When this is done, bone will pull out with no resistance.
- Shread meat and enjoy on buns.