Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I was a little girl this was my favorite but it was many years later that I discovered that it was made with potato. But don't be put off it really is yummy. I haven't actually made this recipe but will do now that I have found it again.
- Beat together potato & sugar.
- Add mixed fruit, milk & flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into 2 buttered 20cm (8in) round sandwich tins and bake in oven at 180 C (350 F)for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Ice with pink glace icing,sprinkle with coconut and serve buttered.
- Pink Glace Icing:.
- Place the sugar in a bowl and stirring constantly, add enough liquid to make a creamy consistency.
- Add a drop of coloring at a time until the desired color is achieved.
The bun's great - an old favorite and this recipe is super easy. Not so keen on the drizzly frosting, a cream cheese icing does it for me.
Very nice!! I halved the recipe and made it mini muffins. They were gone as soon as i took them out of the oven! :) My family enjoyed them with butter and cheese spread. It was much too sweet for us though so will be reducing the sugar quite a bit next time. Thanks for the recipe!
Such a simple, easy recipe and so tasty. I found they didn't rise very much, so joined them together with a bit of apricot jam. Next time I will make it in a loaf pan....and there will be a next time