Recipe by Aussie mum 2_2
When I was a little girl this was my favorite but it was many years later that I discovered that it was made with potato. But don't be put off it really is yummy. I haven't actually made this recipe but will do now that I have found it again.
- 1 cup sieved cooked potato
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
Pink Glace Icing
- 2 cups icing sugar
- fruit juice or water
- vanilla essence, to taste
- red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together potato & sugar.
- Add mixed fruit, milk & flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into 2 buttered 20cm (8in) round sandwich tins and bake in oven at 180 C (350 F)for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Ice with pink glace icing,sprinkle with coconut and serve buttered.
- Pink Glace Icing:.
- Place the sugar in a bowl and stirring constantly, add enough liquid to make a creamy consistency.
- Add a drop of coloring at a time until the desired color is achieved.