Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This brownie recipe is quick and easy to make.I make a batch up just before school ends that way they are just warm when my children get home. They go crispy on top and moist in the centre you can have them crumbled over vanilla or chocolate ice cream yum! yum!yum!
- 75 g butter
- 50 g chocolate (no more then 70% cocoa)
- 175 g vanilla sugar (you can scent caster sugar by spliting a vanilla pod and poping into your sugar jar for a few weeks)
- 75 g self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Prehaet oven to 180oc 160oc for fan.
- Grease a 7in sandwish tin or a swiss roll tray works well and line with baking paper.
- in a bowl add the butter and chocolate and melt over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted add the sugar and stir to combined remove the bowl from the heat.
- Sift the flour and the salt in to the chocolate mixture add the beaten eggs and vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon beat the brownie mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Stir in the walnuts if using pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20-30 minutes (I suggest you check the brownies after 20 minutes) the brownies should look risen and just cracking on top.
- Remove from the oven place on a wire rack to cool in the tin when they are just warm remove from the tin peel back the paper and cut into bars (at this stage they should have a crispy top) they can be served just warm or left to go cold.