A tasty and lovely salad presentation
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Warm Bacon-Brown Sugar Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup smoked bacon, diced, cooked until crisp, drained (about 6 slices)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (I use brown sugar Splenda Blend)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Place the acorn squash and onion on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and rub with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast until the squash is just tender and lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3Remove squash to a plate to cool and return the onion to the oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the onion goes in easily, about 20 minutes longer.
- 4Remove and set aside to cool completely along with the squash.
- 5When cooled, remove the skin from the squash and cut into large dice.
- 6Cut the onion into julienne and reserve separately.
- 7Cut each head of Bibb lettuce in half and place each half cut side up onto a large salad or dinner plate.
- 8Press lightly on the lettuce to flatten and open up the leaves a bit. Divide the diced squash, julienned onion, black eye peas, pecans and feta cheese among the plates, drizzle the warm vinaigrette over the tops of the salads, season lightly with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- 9Makes 6 large salads.
- 10For the Bacon-Brown Sugar Vinaigrette:.
- 11Combine all the vinaigrette ingredients in a small saucepan and heat gently until sugar is melted, about 2 minutes.
- 12Serve warm over salad. Yields 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Bibb Salad With Roasted Acorn Squash, Pecans, Feta and Wa
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.2
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 498.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g