Recipe by Midwest Maven
A yummy twist on a grilled cheese sandwich. This recipe comes from an old 1967 Better Homes And Gardens cookbook called Jiffy Cooking :)
Top Review by mickie49
Back in the day(long, long ago), my dad used to make these for us for Saturday lunches and we loved them! Instead of mustard, we used horseradish and ketchup and usually mom's homemade bread! Ahhhhhhh, nostalgia! Thanks for the reminder!
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup baked beans with molasses, drained
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one side of one slice of bread.
- Spread the other side of the bread with the beans.
- Top with a slice of American cheese.
- Spread the second slice of bread with the mustard, and put it mustard side down.
- Butter the top of the bread, and on a griddle or frying pan, cook the sandwich until the beans are hot, cheese is melted slightly and the sandwich is nicely browned.