Recipe by Dedee Royale
Growing up in Boston, we love fried fish! There I said it....and hope you enjoy the way I created this very easy recipe for delicious "FRIED FISH". I use Tilapia but any white fillet would work. You can also use this recipe to make Fried Calamari. Yum!
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- canola oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan to frying temperature.
- In a small bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Add water and cider vinegar to make a thick batter.
- Dip fish pieces into batter then into hot oil.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with your favorite tartar sauce.