Recipe by Mercy
Lentils are so versatile!
Top Review by J-Lynn
I have made this recipe several times- just delicious! Hubby doesn't like baked beans or lentils, so I make it for myself. Today I cut the recipe in half and used a mixture of lentils and dry barley. Why not? Worked great and still delicious!
- 2 1⁄3 cups lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Add lentils to water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender but still remain whole.
- Drain any excess water from the lentils.
- Stir the remaining ingredients in with the lentils.
- Turn the mixture out into an ovenproof casserole and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.