Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family likes this. TOH
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 3 bacon, strips diced
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and salt in a bowl; stir in onion and corn and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 4o minutes or until bacon is cooked and dish is heated through.
This was a very good way to serve corn for a change of pace from the usual fare. I used a 16 oz. package of frozen corn.
If the idea of corn with ketchup doesn't sound good together, I wouldn't suggest making this dish. Since others like it, it's a matter of taste, but I was skeptical about making it and sure enough, we didn't really like it.
This was very easy to assemble and my family really liked it. I'm always on a search for a new side dish and this is one I will be make again. I misread the recipe and left my bacon in whole stips, but next time I will dice it up. Thanks NurseDi for the recipe!