Slow cooked baked beans are great to bring to pot lucks. Recipe source: Early American Recipes. Recipe printed for a request for things to make with salt pork. Overnight soaking isn't included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the beans overnight in water.
- 2In the morning drain beans well and pick through discarding bad beans.
- 3Put in large pot and cover beans with water and boil beans until the skins split when you blow on them (30- 60 minutes after water boils).
- 5Divide salt pork into two pieces.
- 6Slash salt pork pieces deeply several times and place in the bottom of a large bean pot or casserole.
- 7Pour in the drained beans.
- 8Mix together remaining ingredients (molasses, salt and mustard).
- 9Add mixture to beans with enough hot water to cover.
- 10Cover and bake at 300-degrees F for 6-8 hours, checking often and adding water as needed.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.8
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 990.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: