Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low cal alternative to a great dessert
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs or 3⁄4 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk or 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Line 24 (2 1/2 inch) muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to lower fat directions, using 3 eggs and applesauce Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake according to package directions; cool completely.
- Freeze 12 cupcakes for future use.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups milk; cover and refrigerate.
- Combine sugar, cocoa cornstarch and water in a large microwaveable bowl; whisk until smooth Microwave at high 4 to 6 minutes, stirring ever 2 minutes, until slightly thickened Stir in vanilla.
- To serve, drizzle 2 tablespoons chocolate glaze over each dessert plate.
- Cut cupcakes in half; place 2 halves on top of chocolate on each dessert plate Top each with about 2 heaping tablespoons of pudding.