Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salsa is a little different from your basic recipe, I found this in one of my Old Mexican Cookbooks. This goes great with my "lil"Johns Oven Deep Pit" 'lil' John's Oven Deep Pit
- 4 large red ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tomatillos, coarsely chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces chopped green chili peppers
- 1 clove peeled garlic, run through a garlic press
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a side dish with meat.
- 1 hour cooking time refers to chilling.