Recipe by kristin ei
This is a yummy homey meal. This recipe usually use ground beef, however, I do not eat red meat so I use ground turkey and they come out lighter and less gready, and still delicious. You may prefer using ground beef.
Top Review by MelissaO'
Yum! My husband and I enjoyed this filling dish. I took the advice from Wayne and added a tablespoon of minced garlic to the mix. I had enough for about 5 1/2 peppers, so I just over stuffed mine. I was planning to eat 2 myself because they are lean, but could only stuff in about 1 1/3! My husband thought it needed spaghetti sauce, but also admits that is how he knows stuffed peppers. Therefore, we'll serve the leftovers with spaghetti later this week!
- 5 bell peppers, mince the tops of the peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 minced onion
- 1 large minced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 cup uncooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top off of the 5 bell (any color) peppers.
- Clean out the seeds.
- Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients and use the mixture to stuff the peppers.
- Put stuffed peppers upright in a stock pot.
- Fill the pot with water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the peppers are tender and the meat and rice is cooked, about an hour.
- Serve with sour cream on the side and mashed potato (traditional accompanyments).