Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a yummy homey meal. This recipe usually use ground beef, however, I do not eat red meat so I use ground turkey and they come out lighter and less gready, and still delicious. You may prefer using ground beef.
- Cut the top off of the 5 bell (any color) peppers.
- Clean out the seeds.
- Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients and use the mixture to stuff the peppers.
- Put stuffed peppers upright in a stock pot.
- Fill the pot with water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the peppers are tender and the meat and rice is cooked, about an hour.
- Serve with sour cream on the side and mashed potato (traditional accompanyments).