- 8 ounces sage sausage
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (Maker's Mark or Knob Creek at least)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage over medium-high heat in heavy pan (cast iron preferred) until browned, breaking the sausage into small bits with a spoon or spatula.
- Add flour 1 tbs at a time, stirring until well incorporated.
- Add milk gradually, while whisking, until thickened and bubbly.
- Add butter, bourbon, red pepper flakes, Allspice and Worcestershire sauce, season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and Kosher salt (we don't add any additional salt) and stir 2 minutes.
- Serve over hot out of the oven biscuits (we prefer the copy-cat Red Lobster cheddar biscuits) and sprinkled with hot sauce for a taste of pure Heaven I gar-aun-tee!