Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a fried rice recipe I came up with over time. I usually cook from scratch, just adding as I go along. But I've tried to approximate the ingredients for this the best I could. The rice is best when cooked the day or hours before and kept refrigerated for at least a few hours. I've seperated everything out in easy steps, but as you're comfortable & able to multi task feel free to chop & cook multiple things at once! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 1 egg
- 1 whole onion
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 5 dashes seasoning (I use Garam Masala, Lawry's Seasoning salt, Garlic salt, & garlic pepper, but use whatever you like)
- Cut up chicken into small pieces – whatever size you like & set aside.
- On separate cutting board chop up onions, green onions, & ginger. Mince garlic. Slice water chestnuts if they aren’t already, & slice carrots into long strips.
- Ready to cook! Put 1 pan on medium (about 5) heat with about 2 tbsp olive oil in each.
- In the pan you’ll cook the chicken, after pan is warm, toast Cumin seeds for a minute or two, until fragrant & beginning to brown.
- Add chicken & season chicken with seasonings, cook until white on bottom (bout 3 or 4 minutes). Then flip all pieces & season cooked side (cook about 3 or 4 more minutes until done. Set chicken aside.
- Heat second pan with 2 tbsp oil to medium heat. As heats up, add cooked rice.
- After a few minutes, spread rice to outside of pan, leaving center of pan open.
- Beat egg in a bowl & pour in middle of pan. Scramble egg & then mix with rice.
- Begin to add ONLY 1/2 of the garlic, onion, green onion, ginger, carrots, snow peas & water chestnuts to the rice/egg (SAVE OTHER HALF OF VEGGIES & 1/2 GREEN ONIONS FOR GARNISH). Let cook for a few minutes.
- Add remaining veggies, except green onions & continue to stir fry, cook for a few more minutes.
- Add chicken & then soy sauce, cook for another minute or 2, coating well.
- Garnish with green onions, serve & enjoy!