Recipe by Chef Bo
Inspired by dinner at Sheldon's with my family. This is my take which will impress. You can make this recipe in about an hour from start to finish.
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large sweeter onion, minced
- 4 medium stalk celery, small pieces
- 4 red potatoes, cubed skin on
- 1 lb cod, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spanish saffron
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring quart of water to simmer in medium soup pot.
- Add onion, celery, butter, and salt to water.
- Add crushed tumeric, fresh ground pepper, and bay leaf.
- Bring back to low boil then add cream and milk.
- Bring back to low boil then add fish & crab.
- Add cayenne to taste if desired.
- Bring back to low boil for about 10 minutes.