Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
My son loves breakfast and loves to help in the kitchen. He kept asking if we could just throw everything together.. LOL. And this is what we came up with. Kids love it and hubby does too. Its quick and easy and you can really play with it to your taste. Ty for your comments I tried to fix the recipe to address all the errors. Enjoy.
- 3 cups frozen hash browns (I use the cubed ones)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (what ever cheese you like)
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled or 1 cup cooked ham or 1 cup Canadian bacon
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced (optional hubby hates onions)
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Spray a 2 quart size baking dish with non stick spray. Arange potatoe's evenly in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese and green onion and a little salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, your choice of meat salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350* oven 40-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- I have also doubled this for a larger crowd that serves about 12. Just bake in a 3qt and bake for about 45-55 minute.
I made this for Spring pic a chef, I agree with one of the other reviewers, the directions are not clear on when to add the meat. I also think the cooking time may be off a little, I had to cook it for over an hour and my stove normally is spot on cooking times. I found the recipe to be very bland, as did my sister. If I make again I will be adding some spices, maybe even taco seasoning to it. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this without the onions because I knew no one in my family would try it with them. We really liked it although when I make it again, I would like to layer some flavor in the potatoes. Maybe some potatoes, bacon, salt, pepper then another layer of potatoes and the rest of the ingredients. The instructions also don't say when to add the bacon so I just put it on with the cheese.
this sounds like Bo and BJ!! lol, mine will love it, meat potatoes, cheese and onions, all of my honneys favorites!! ty 4 sharing.