- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, saute until transparent.
- Add peas and water. Cook for 5-10 minutes on medium.
- Whisk together milk and flour. Add to the peas. Cook until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve with fried eggs or sausage.