Recipe by Oolala
This uses prepared store bought borscht. I'm not a borscht fan but I have relatives who are! I took this from a 1963 ORT cookbook but haven't tried it yet.
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain borscht through a strainer and reserve the solids and the liquids.
- Heat 2 cups of the liquid and dissolve the jello in it.
- Chill this for 2 hours until slightly thickened.
- Beat in the sour cream and add the solids (shredded beets).
- Put into a jello mold and chill until hardened and ready to serve.