Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade Slow cooker Cookbook # 3
- 907.18 g canned pinto beans, undrained
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 2 (566.99 g) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 59.14 ml jose cuervo gold tequila
- 4.92 ml salt-free fajita seasoning mix
- Place pinto beans in the bottom of a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker on top of pinto beans.
- In a medium bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, tequila, and fajita seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3-4 hours.
Delicious recipe, and so easy! I used 1 can of pinto beans and one can of black beans, and I did rinse the beans. Love that spicy and tender chicken and I used lime juice for half of the tequila and that added a nice flavor overall. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very good.. I had a can of Cuban flavored black beans... and found some thin pork escallopes in the freezer so used them.. I had one can of Rotel type tomatoes.. and food processed about 3 fresh tomatoes without the innards...I thought I had beat the "too much juice" syndrome.. but I didn't... I had frozen rice so I threw some in to mop up the juice.. I thought it was great! There are only two of us and he wouldn't eat it cuz there was rice in it.. but I'm enjoying the heck out of making it into burritos.. More burritos than I need to be eating. :) nora
I was not expecting to like this at all. I have tried lots of recipes with lots of 5 star ratings and hated them. This one I actually liked! My husband told me three times that it was really good. I halved this. Using two big bone in chicken breasts, one can of rotel tomatoes, 1/8 tequila (not Jose Cuervo, a smoother one), 1/8 lime juice, cumin, and two teaspoons of fajita mix. I was gonna make burritos out of these but instead ate it like a soup. Topped with cheese, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.