Recipe by Mom2Rose
Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade Slow cooker Cookbook # 3
Top Review by loof
Delicious recipe, and so easy! I used 1 can of pinto beans and one can of black beans, and I did rinse the beans. Love that spicy and tender chicken and I used lime juice for half of the tequila and that added a nice flavor overall. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 32 ounces canned pinto beans, undrained
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup jose cuervo gold tequila
- 1 teaspoon salt-free fajita seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pinto beans in the bottom of a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker on top of pinto beans.
- In a medium bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, tequila, and fajita seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3-4 hours.