Recipe by MissMia
This is a very quick and very tasty short cut to borracho bean soup. Makes a filling meal for two and is easily doubled or tripled. If you don't like spicy get the can of pintos without jalapenos and then add only one or two jalapenos without the seeds. We love spicy so we kick it up all the way. We love this soup with cheese quesadillas and homemade flour tortillas. Yum!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, with jalapenos, do not drain
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 jalapenos, chopped including seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces beer
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup kettle fry the bacon until barely slightly crispy.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 30 - 40 minutes over medium heat until all the vegetables are tender and the broth is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with a bit of chopped cilantro before serving.