2 hrs 10 mins
This is way beans are made in South Texas!! Serve with any mexican dish and of course homemade tortillas!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon, drain on paper towels and chop when cooled. (I usually saute some onion in the bacon grease and put everything into the pot of beans)
- 2Cook beans according to instructions on package.
- 3After 1 and 1/2 hours of cooking beans, add bacon, bean seasonings, cilantro, tomatoes and beer.
- 4Cover and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
- 5Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.
- 6You can add fresh jalapeno at the same time you add the tomatoes for an extra kick!
- 7*I use Texas Spice Company Bean Seasoning and it is sold only at all H*E*B Grocery Stores.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Borracho Beans (drunk Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 451.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: