1/3 Photos of Borek Algerian
1 hr 5 mins
Sarah Boudjema's Note:
Borek is usually served in Algeria along side a soup (Chorba) during Ramadan. Borek has a crisp pastry on the outside and is oozing with cheese and meat inside, absolutely delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently saute the onion for around 5 minutes until soft.
- 2Add the beef mince and brown.
- 3Add a pinch of cinnamon, salt and pepper, and the chopped parsley and stir well.
- 4On a gentle heat add the beaten egg taking care not to let it scramble.
- 5Let this mixture cool or the pastry will disintegrate.
- 6Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of beef mixture about 1.5 inches from the bottom of the phyllo pastry sheets (feuille de brik) leaving approximately one inch either side.
- 7Cut the cheese in half and lay across the mixture.
- 8Pull the phyllo (brik) up from the bottom; fold the sides to the centre of section and continue to roll.
- 9Place the Boreks (fold side down) in a frying pan with vegetable oil.
- 10Fry on both sides until golden.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Borek Algerian
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 128.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g