1/2 Photos of Boreal Forest Cranberry Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from a cookbooklet I bought on the Washington coast, "CRANBERRY HARVEST FESTIVAL 2002 COOKBOOK", put out by the Cranberry Coast Chamber of Commerce to raise money to stage the annual festival.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen-no need to thaw)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce (jellied)
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice (see note)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1NOTE: to make cranberry juice for icing (if you don't have bottle juice on hand) simmer cranberries for brownies a few minutes in 1/8 cup water. Drain and reserve liquid and use berries in brownies.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 4Melt 1 cup butter in large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cocoa powder. Add 2 cups sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoons almond extract; stir until well blended.
- 5Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture. Add cranberries and nuts and mix just until blended.
- 6Pour batter into baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- 7Cool completely and frost.
- 8FROSTING: Melt 3 tbls. butter in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoons almond extract, cranberry sauce and juice; stir well.
- 9Add confectioners' sugar; mix until well blended.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boreal Forest Cranberry Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 316.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 56.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g