Recipe by LizzieBug
My adaptation of a recipe that came with a bottle of Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Juicy and tender, this burger has a wonderful smoky, spicy flavor without being overpoweringly hot.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce (I use Tabasco brand)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until golden brown (5-7 minutes), stirring often.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and 1 Tbsp of the chipotle sauce, stirring well to evenly coat the onions. Then remove the onions from the heat and keep warm.
- Combine the ground beef, cilantro, salt, and 3 Tbsp of the chipotle sauce (Use 2 Tbsp for milder burgers) and shape into 4 burgers.
- Grill over medium-high heat. (Approx. 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. 5 minutes per side for medium-well.).
- Top each burger with a slice of pepper-jack cheese and grill until the cheese melts.
- Place the burgers on toasted buns, and top with the spicy onions.
- Add any burger toppings you’re fond of. I like a little bit of horseradish mayo on my burgers.