Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe makes a great dip or side dish. If making this for a dip, I highly recommend using the beer rather than chicken broth as it adds a nice, subtle flavor. Serves 4 as a side dish, many more as a dip.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans (or your favorite variety of canned refried beans)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup beer or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir until the beans are heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
- For dip, transfer beans to a fondue pot to keep warm. Serve with Tostitos.
I made this as a dip for our "Girls Night" party and it was very good! I used spicy refried beans, a combination of sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese and added an extra garlic clove. Served with tortilla strips and homemade cheese sticks. Thanks for sharing, swissms! **Made for PRMR**