Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Is served with Potatoes Bravas and coleslaw.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped white onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, saute 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, shrimp, and garlic, saute 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add butter, salt, and hot sauce.
- Stir until butter melts.
- Stir in juice and green onions.
This was really good. We served it over orzo pasta and the flavors went together really great. I loved that there was a great spice, but not much heat. I did make one small change, I marinated the shrimp in the cumin, chili powder, garlic, and 2-3 Tbsp of the lime juice for about 15 minutes while. This was a great new recipe for shrimp, we will make it again!
I have been making this since it first came out in Cooking Light. My family likes it so well we actually included it in a family cookbook. The first time I made this I was surprised at how good it tasted given the very ordinary ingredients. This goes together quickly and is a great weeknight meal (though it is tasty enough for company). If you buy already peeled and deveined shrimp the prep time is even quicker. I would highly recommend this dish! Thanks for posting LMillerRN.